I sent some of my E-girlfriends a valentine. I planned a date with my Mom, my sister, my best friend. I’m looking inward to find what I want in romantic love.
Cupid’s day. I’ve always been a lover, any sort. Platonic and friendly my favorite, romantic my most coveted. I’ve been a single mami for almost two years, I wonder of my future forever sometime. Whom ever, he fleets my mind when I’m working, his silhouette travels back when I’m content or more. I do boos or pre-fiancés, no boyfriends. The few few who come to mind never fit where I would like. They bad. The one who can hold my sight, I still never know. Actually I think I may. I let my intuition lead.
Dating within my generation, esp my region, a mess. Too many trival worries, too many old trust issues unfixed, too much peer pressure to entertain bullshit. No one can handle a casual relationship nor can they handle a monogamous one. Nigga. Lmao. Yet, I know most of us want better. The game is shit, be honest. Don’t mean I don’t know how to play, bay-bay. Don’t mean I want to, shaw-taay.
My heart is…not solidified with her feelings but that’s when I love her best. When in doubt, show love 2 my girls.
Mood: Player’s Prayer – Lloyd
Clean slate, smooth start. A renewal. Refreshments and clear breezes. I’m poised, fairly ready. Thankful. By no means am I without doubt or hesitance, but I am beginning to feel comfortable once more. I am led forward, guided by my hindsight. It seems more than plausible to find answers within my lessons, no?
I’m emotional lately, but not with the usual fear, or stress. I’d like to label it wonder, I think, but surely then my nostrils wouldn’t warm, my lips wouldn’t pout.
Give it a few days, doll. Save me a few, too.
Mood: Redbone (Instrumental) – Childish Gambino
You like what you like, you do what you do, you live how you live.
Have you ever asked yourself WHY?
Why do we, as a people*:
- Maintain selfish mindsets (Me&Mines’)
- Believe and spread respectability politics
- Come from broken/unsafe homes
- Ignore or belittle abuse
- Ignore or belittle mental illness
- Disregard & even mock drug abuse and trauma
- “Shrug off” ignorant violence
- Hate the color of our skin
- Hate the way we look
- View non-black women & men as any type of superior
- Focus on non-black people & their opinions of us
- Focus heavily on others problems instead of own
- Allow non-blacks to exploit our culture and values
- View white acceptance as desirable
- Rely blindly on religious texts
- Listen to derogatory music
- View hood males as a negative
- Believe in false good nigga vs thug nigga themes
- Think of entertainment or athleticism as our only or ideal way to success
- Focus on materialistic items instead of wealth building
- Undervalue the effect & power of the African American dollar
- Hesitate to support one another
- View another’s success as an insult
- Disrespect and breakdown our women
- Dispose of monogamy
- Disvalue the black family
- View marriage negatively
- Undervalue our power