just some light weight . pw: copythat
Clean slate, smooth start. A renewal. Refreshments and clear breezes. I’m poised, fairly ready. Thankful. By no means am I without doubt or hesitance, but I am beginning to feel comfortable once more. I am led forward, guided by my hindsight. It seems more than plausible to find answers within my lessons, no?
I’m emotional lately, but not with the usual fear, or stress. I’d like to label it wonder, I think, but surely then my nostrils wouldn’t warm, my lips wouldn’t pout.
Give it a few days, doll. Save me a few, too.
Mood: Redbone (Instrumental) – Childish Gambino
You like what you like, you do what you do, you live how you live.
Have you ever asked yourself WHY?
Why do we, as a people*:
- Maintain selfish mindsets (Me&Mines’)
- Believe and spread respectability politics
- Come from broken/unsafe homes
- Ignore or belittle abuse
- Ignore or belittle mental illness
- Disregard & even mock drug abuse and trauma
- “Shrug off” ignorant violence
- Hate the color of our skin
- Hate the way we look
- View non-black women & men as any type of superior
- Focus on non-black people & their opinions of us
- Focus heavily on others problems instead of own
- Allow non-blacks to exploit our culture and values
- View white acceptance as desirable
- Rely blindly on religious texts
- Listen to derogatory music
- View hood males as a negative
- Believe in false good nigga vs thug nigga themes
- Think of entertainment or athleticism as our only or ideal way to success
- Focus on materialistic items instead of wealth building
- Undervalue the effect & power of the African American dollar
- Hesitate to support one another
- View another’s success as an insult
- Disrespect and breakdown our women
- Dispose of monogamy
- Disvalue the black family
- View marriage negatively
- Undervalue our power
look see yasgawd.com, too.
love u boo.
My first project. January Third. Peep it for me.